Company History


2000 - today

PUCARO nowadays

  • 2012 Introduction of the HaPuflex 1200 kV diversion, the new Triflexil ESA with extra smooth coating, as well as thermosetting laminates and finished components.
  • 2011 Launch of the new high-voltage diversion system for transformer HaPuSystem and HaPuflex 550 kV and 800 kV diversions.
  • 2007 Licence for 800 kV / UHGÜ transformers.
  • 2003 Nomex® Qualified Laminator


1960 - 2000

Aerial photo

  • 1996 PUCARO is taken over by ASEA BROWN BOVERI (ABB) in Mannheim.
  • 1991 The business is subdivided into two business divisions: transformer insulation and motor insulation. This reorganisation signifies new and intense market strategies.
  • 1989 After more than 130 years of company tradition as a family-owned enterprise the PUCARO plant is sold to ABB Figeholms Bruk of Sweden. The product name PUCARO becomes the company name.


1900 - 1960


  • 1952 Bernhard Authenrieth and his mother, Margarethe Arndt-Authenrieth continue his successful work subsequent to his death.
  • 1929 The son, Guenther Authenrieth, takes over the family business. Despite the global economic crisis, war and monetary reform, he established sound economic foundations. He responded promptly to the demands of times by setting up laboratories and test stations, thus creating the scientific bases for developing new and improving old products, by erecting modern machines, and establishing a company of global renown.


1800 - 1900

Mill with bridge

  • 1893 Constantin Authenrieth takes over the factory. For almost four decades Constantin Authenrieth devised structural and mechanical improvements, always aspiring to bring only quality products to the market under the name of PUCARO (short for Pressspan- und Cartonfabrik Christian Authenrieth Roigheim - Presspaper and Cardboard factory Christian Authenrieth Roigheim).
  • 1872 Christian Authenrieth buys the papermill in Roigheim bringing new technology to the venerable workshop. Up till then, the mould-made paper had been moulded manually using old, traditional methods. Outward evidence for this change was the construction of a steam boiler house.
  • 1854 Christian Authenrieth founded the firm of Authenrieth.
  • 1840 For the first time, the papermill is expressly called a paper factory.


1667 - 1800

The town Roigheim

  • 1770 Due to old age, Paul Haeuser sells the mill to Gabriel Schmidtberger whose family keeps it for almost 100 years.
  • 1740 After the third generation in the possession of the Roedter family the papermill is passed on to Paul Haeuser.
  • 1667 The paper manufacturer Jobst Roedter acquires the upper grinding mill in Roigheim and establishes up a papermill.